Proposals for VOSpace (immutable data)

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 15:33:38 CEST 2021

Hi Sonia,

You raised several good suggestions in your email. To avoid confusion
I'll reply to each one in a separate email thread.

On 2021-06-11 13:31, Zorba, Sonia wrote:

> 1. Add a standard property to indicate that node metadata can be edited
> (e.g. groupread property can be changed), but the node can't be deleted
> or
> moved. Suggested names: locked or sticky

I agree this would be useful for several use cases. Perhaps suggest
'immutable' as the property name?

     immutable = True|False, default False

     ivo://ivoa.net/vospace/core#immutable

Cheers,