Home for the UWS Registry Extension?

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:52:24 CEST 2018

The  home for these concepts depend on a couple of predictions we might
make:

1. Is it useful for UWS to be extended to specify interface behaviour for
synchronous job execution? TAP, SODA, and VOSpace all have "jobs" that can
run  in either mode and s/w choses the endpoint with the behaviour it
wants... the minimal "specification" of UWS-sync would be a standard way
for a client executing a sync job to get the jobID and access it via a
joblist (eg in UWS-next)

2. Ae there common metadata about the UWS job endpoint that could be
conveyed by adding content to the UWSRegExt? e.g. will UWSRegExt go beyond
providing tagging interface in future? This one I am less sure about.
TAPRegExt already describes some of the UWS job control limits, for
example, but that reg-ext defines a new capability type (the type of
job)... I do have some UWS-defined features that are interface-specific  so
there are use cases.

I do think it is important for us, as a community, to find ways to do small
things and get them done in a short time, and then iterate more rapidly on
minor versions.

my 2c,

Pat

--