Home for the UWS Registry Extension?

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:01:04 CEST 2018

I have verified that the xmlns:uws declaration can be moved up to either
the enclosing capability element or to the (document) capabilities element
with no change in meaning (e.g. parsing with schema validation enabled and
finding the interfaces in the right namespace requires no code change --
using xerces and jdom2, which are both extremely correct).

I do agree it looks tidier, but now to decide if the xmlns should go in the
capability or higher up in the document (with the others). For a couple of
reasons I think we should  recommend that doc writers put it up the the
document (reasons: de-facto standard prefix practice, consistency if there
are two capability elements that use this namespace prefix, etc).

Side issue: UWS already has an xsd and the de-facto namespace prefix is
uws, so we should not start using that prefix in this context (because even
if we do decide that UWSRegExt is the right idea we probably won't just
include the interface tagging in the main uws xsd). So we do need to pick
an alternate prefix to use for now.... ure?  foo?

--
Patrick Dowler
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre