GWS telecon: August 3, 15:00-16:00 UTC

Brian Major major.brian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 23:29:36 CEST 2017

Hi Grid,

After an informative and useful first GWS telecon, we have scheduled a
second one for Thursday August 3rd, again at 15:00 UTC.  Thank you to those
who were able to attend last week.

The VIdyo technology worked well so we'll continue to use it:

    https://vidyo.computecanada.ca/flex.html?roomdirect.html&
key=fGdlHcqZBXghafbA7BY1VHCmSs

A short recap of the topics discussed in the telecon on June 22:
- Discussion of different types of back-end storage options for VOSpace
- Discussions about VOSpace implementation plans including server-to-server
copying
- Comparisons of the various container technologies and their
advantages/disadvantages
- Discussions on container performance
- Discussions of how containers could fit into the IVOA

Cheers,
Brian

<https://vidyo.computecanada.ca/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=fGdlHcqZBXghafbA7BY1VHCmSs>