VOSI 1.1 RFC starts

Brian Major major.brian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 19:42:17 CEST 2016

Hello GWS and TCG,

The six week RFC period for IVOA support interfaces 1.1 has begun.

    The document: http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOSI/20160413/
    RFC page: http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSI11RFC

The aim of this version is to provide a more scalable way of viewing table
metadata.  Services with many tables were producing documents of
unmanageable size over the 1.0 /tables interface.

I know some have already implemented or prototyped the suggestions in the
document.  If you have, could you please make a note of it in the
implementations section of the RFC page.

Here are some discussions that have occurred already:
    http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/grid/2016-February/thread.html

Also, I would like to remind the TCG that your comments are required in
this six week period.

Regards,
Brian Major and Giuliano Taffoni, Grid and Web Services