Identifying version of UWS

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Sep 1 18:24:38 CEST 2015

On 01/09/15 07:12 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Anyway if it were not controversial I could put the fact that the UWS standardID is ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS explicitly in the UWS 1.1 standard.

The latest style recommendation in the new Identifiers WD would be
something like:

ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS#something-1.1

so that one standards record can tell the community about all known
versions... the "something" would be a safeguard in case the spec
someday described two different kinds of capabilities (currently it is 1
- the async job resource). Maybe async-1.1 ??

I think the UWS-1.1 document can also (retroactively) specify the standardID

ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS#something-1.0

in case someone has that and wants to describe it. These would
accumulate through (at least minor) revisions.

--
Patrick Dowler
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)