Identifying version of UWS

Kristin Riebe kriebe at aip.de
Tue Sep 1 14:34:33 CEST 2015

Dear Grid members,

one of my colleagues is working on updating a Python uws-client to
include UWS 1.1. features. What would be the best way to identify if a
service speaks UWS 1.0 or 1.1, e.g. before sending the actual request
for a filtered job list?

I would think that VOSI is made for this, so a service would need to
define in the capabilities endpoint the UWS version. Or is there another
mechanism?

I've exchanged briefly with Markus Demleitner and he suggests that we
would first need a standard-id for UWS. Could we include something like
this in the UWS 1.1 recommendation? And maybe also some guidelines how
to make clients aware of the version the web service is using?

Cheers,

Kristin

Dr. Kristin Riebe
E-Science & GAVO

Email: kriebe at aip.de
Phone: +49 331 7499-377
Room:  B6/25
Leibniz-Institut für Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP)
An der Sternwarte 16, D-14482 Potsdam
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Matthias Winker
Stiftung bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: 26 742-00/7026