GWS ongoing work

Andre Schaaff andre.schaaff at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Mar 24 07:30:39 CET 2015

Dear GWS members,

A quick overview of the status of the ongoing work on GWS standards to
prepare the next Interop in Sesto.

VOSpace update to 2.1:
Brian Major is in charge of it. Brian is working on the changes
discussed in Banff.
The Roadmap decided in Banff was to be ready for the PR step for Sesto.
To be on time we need 2 implementations ready for Sesto.

Reminder, from Banff discussions:
- Clear up the rules of the parameter-based sync transfer as some modes
are not supported
- Use of Capability and error reporting to be discussed further
- Rewriting of the document in ivotex format

UWS update to 1.1:
Paul Harrison is in charge of it. Paul is preparing the document for the
PR step.
Implementations will become crucial in the coming weeks if we want to be
on time following the Banff roadmap.

Reminder, from Banff discussions:
– Filtering: no disagreements but a discussion to continue concerning
the use of cookies to support the listing of jobs created by the client
– Schema change: everyone was accepting of it
– Blocking: addition of stdID as part of the VOSI capabilities but as
UWS is used by VOSpace and UWS, it must be clarified
– Race condition: no more concerns

SSO Profile update (1.01 is the last version, version of the next
release should be cleared):
Giuliano Taffoni and me are in charge of it.
The roadmap for Sesto is to clean the document and to integrate the
proposals from Banff.
We expect to propose a new working draft before June.
We need no implementation for Sesto but in any case, if we have time we
will probably provide examples of use as illustrations for the discussions.

Reminder, from Banff discussions:
- Remove “digital signature” from SSO document (formerly used for SOAP)
– Agreed
- Add the support for “Federated Identity Based Authentication” - Agreed
- Shibboleth was proposed and discussed
- Discussion about the use of eduroam and RSSO (Radius for Single On)
- Suggestion of a Note to state the position of the IVOA on Authorization

All comments are welcome.

André