Broken example in VOSI 1.0?

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Aug 3 15:16:32 CEST 2015

Hi GWS,

there appears to be an error in Example 2 of Section 5 of VOSI 1.0
(http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOSI/20110531/REC-VOSI-1.0-20110531.html#sec5)

That example includes some column descriptions with dataTypes
like this:

   <dataType xsi:type="vod:TAP" size="30">adql:VARCHAR </dataType>

(where xmlns:vod="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.1").

Looking at VODataService v1.1 section 3.5.3, I believe the xsi:type
here should be "vod:TAPType" and not "vod:TAP".

Does anybody disagree with that assessment?  Is this a known bug
in the VOSI document?  Should it be scheduled for an erratum?

This came up while I was helping a TAP service provider (JVO) to
debug their capabilities endpoint; they had used this example as
a template and it was causing errors.

Mark