UWS POST PHASE=RUN

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Mon Nov 3 17:14:18 CET 2014

Hi,

On Nov 3, 2014, at 4:29 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

>>    * When an XML document is submitted as single parameter, how must it be stored in the UWS service: as one parameter (with byReference=true) or as some individual parameters which has been extracted from the XML document?
>
> I think that it should be stored as a single “parameter” - there should be no attempt by the generic UWS to interpret the document.
>
> I think that it would probably be a good convention that if the initial POST has a application/x-www-form-urlencoded encoding, then the UWS can assume that the parameter/value pair mechanism can be used.

Except that the best practices is that application/x-www-form-urlencoded encoding is used with all POSTs, irrespective if it is a single XML document or parameterized. So you seem to be saying that if an XML document is submitted as a single "parameter" then some alternate encoding should be specified - would you care to suggest which one?

	Cheers,

	Matthew