UWS 1.1 alternative, WAIT

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 03:07:41 PDT 2014

Hiya,

On 2014-06-18 08:07, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 2014-06 -17, at 13:34, Dave Morris <dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> I think that there is a reasonable argument for making the blocking
> endpoint /jobs/{jobid} with the ?WAIT parameter from your earlier
> suggestion in this thread - I cannot see a big downside to that at the
> moment (apart from making it a little more difficult for clients to
> detect lack of 1.1 capability)

You had convinced me that a separate endpoint made more sense.

You are right - discovery would be a problem.

Following Brian's email about XML validation and major/minor versions
etc. I've been thinking about reliability and robustness in our designs.

We already have a perfectly good discovery mechanism, but we tend not to
use it.

Should we just make this a new capability ?

The UWS-1.1 specification defines the behaviour of the blocking
endpoint, and says that IF a service wants to provide this, then they
should list it as a capability using [this] URI ?

Cheers,
Dave

--------
Dave Morris