Validating capabilities document

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 02:25:35 PST 2013

Hi GWS,

I want (for the purposes of TAP service validation) to validate a
TAP Capabilities document, for instance

   http://dc.g-vo.org/tap/capabilities

against the appropriate schema.  But I don't know how to get a
suitable XSD document.  I tried looking at

   http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSICapabilities/v1.0

since it's the target namespace and in most cases for IVOA schemas
the XSD can be found there.  However that's a 404.

I also tried cut'n'pasting the schema from Appendix A of the VOSI
standard, but it doesn't work very well, for reasons I haven't tried
very hard to understand.

   Validating http://dc.g-vo.org/tap/capabilities against file:/data/andromeda1/starjava/source/ttools/build/classes/uk/ac/starlink/ttools/taplint/VOSICapabilities-v1.0.xsd
   cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'tr:TableAccess' to a type definition for element 'capability'.
   cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'vs:ParamHTTP' to a type definition for element 'interface'.
   cvc-type.2: The type definition cannot be abstract for element interface.
   cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'dataModel'. One of '{"":interface}' is expected.
   cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'vs:ParamHTTP' to a type definition for element 'interface'.
   cvc-type.2: The type definition cannot be abstract for element interface.
   cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'vs:ParamHTTP' to a type definition for element 'interface'.
   cvc-type.2: The type definition cannot be abstract for element interface.
   cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'vs:ParamHTTP' to a type definition for element 'interface'.
   cvc-type.2: The type definition cannot be abstract for element interface.

any ideas?

thanks

Mark