Authorization

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 20 16:38:38 PST 2010

Hi,

In Nara, Pat Dowler gave a very interesting talk about the group management system that has been developed at CADC (http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpDec2010GWS/CVO-GMS.pdf). We've discussed similar systems in the past and I even went so far as to sketch out an Access Control Interface (http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaGridAndWebServices/AccessControlInterface.pdf) a couple of years ago. Given that a number of projects have looked or are looking at some sort of project-level authorization mechanism, we said that we would start the discussion on the mailing list about whether IVOA (and specifically this WG) should be defining a common interface for these.

If you are interested, please review the two documents linked above and share your thoughts, comments, etc. here.

	Cheers,

	Matthew