Data sets in the cloud

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 07:01:40 PDT 2009

Matthew,

I've not run anything in the cloud, but I know that one division of
Gaia DPAC has run a reduction pipeline there. They find that no only
is it technically feasible, but it's actually economic to do so.
However, their task is CPU-bound and light on I/O. If we put web
services there we'd have to think of the I/O charges.

Cheers,
Guy