Versioning

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 2 10:56:01 PDT 2009

Hi,

There is no change from Strasbourg: the integer progression is
required for versions which are not compatible. Namespaces change
between versions and so a client for one version cannot automatically
be used for the next version as the namespace of the XML message would
be incorrect ergo the version integer has to change to reflect this.

It was a major concession to get VOSpace 1.1 remain that and not get
called VOSpace 2.0.

	Cheers,

	Matthew