Last call for GWS sessions

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Wed Apr 22 04:37:55 PDT 2009

Hi Matthew and all from GWS,

I would like to present a study of one project I want to start that
incorporates both sophisticated SSA access with some postprocessing and
web services.

It is about Fourier disentangling of spectra which requires to run
specific FORTRAN program on server with custom ASCII-based
data input and using VOSpec or SPLAT for previewing the spectra obtained
from SSA cutout server  before producing that ASCII output (it includes
the values of datapoint of all normalized spectra together with many other
parameters).

I would like to hear to recommendations of GWS folks whether the way I
want to do it is feasible and get advice how to implement it.

So it will be a little different type of presentation than usual
- expecting input for further work.

I did not study the WS and GRID toolkits too much so far, but have
successfuly tested the work of a web server where the files are uploaded
and by clicking of button COMPUTE the processing starts and the results
are ready as gztarbal for download. What I want to solve is a management
of multiple sessions, log-in, perhaps on-the-fly compilation of F77
program with given size of parameters (static arrays) etc.

I would be glad if this could be put on the agenda of joint GWS and Apps
session -
maybe after the agenda of VOSPACE. Say about 10-15 minutes is enough.

The title: Joining the SSA Clients and Computational Web service (Design
Study of VO-based Fourier Spectra Disentangling).

Can you try to arrange this somehow? I hope I am not late - I was not sure
about the travel support.

Best regards,

Petr Skoda

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *