StandardID for VOSpace Capability

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 14 04:35:07 PDT 2009

On 2009-04 -14, at 11:07, Guy Rixon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looking through VOSpace-1.14, I can't see any mention of how a
> VOSpace service is registered. In particular, the StandardID for a
> VOSpace capability is not given (this is the capability of the
> service written in the resource registry as opposed to the
> capability of a node written within the space itself).
>
> I need to write code dealing with VOSpace registrations right away.
> May I assume that the StandardID is ivo://ivoa.net/std/VOSpace,
> following the usual pattern?

In the original VOSpace usage note draft http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/VOSpaceHome/VOSpace-Usage.odt
  it had been defined as ivo://net.ivoa/standard/VOSpace - however,
that was some time ago now and your suggestion does follow the pattern
of SIA etc. so I think your suggestion is fine.

Paul.

Dr. Paul Harrison
JBCA, Manchester University
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/jodrellbank