new version of REST in the VO

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Oct 28 02:08:53 PDT 2008

On 2008-10 -28, at 04:44, Douglas Tody wrote:

> I think it is fine to define some recommended practices for interfaces
> based upon the pure-REST abstraction, but this should not in any way
> invalidate the DAL2 interface pattern(*), which is already
> standardized
> and widely used within the VO (and also based upon a HTTP transport).

point of order - the DAL v2 interface pattern is *not* already
standardised, we are in the process of trying to create a V2 protocol
family that is more capable/scalable than the v1 interface pattern -
this is why GWS WG is looking at using more advanced techniques than
were employed in the v1 protocols.

Cheers,
	Paul.