UWS 0.4

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Jun 20 09:57:07 PDT 2008

On 2008-6-20 06:29, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Perhaps the UWS document should say that the server will only serve
> application/xml and application/xhtml+xml - then any client that asks
> for anything else will receive a 406. Note that I am saying that XHTML
> is the minimum acceptable, not just HTML....

Not sure about that... in any case, they are two different doc types so the
fact that the latter is also xml is not that useful. I think HTML is fine,
but just that one may not want to follow the vanilla http Accept header
semantics. It looks like the firefox people decided they had made a poor
choice anyway, so maybe the approach I took could be considered a
bug-workaround :)

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045