VOSpace 1.02 WSDL & Schema - Namespace Transposed?

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 6 14:29:52 PST 2008

Hi Matthew,

> The WSDL and schema can be obtained at:
>
> http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/VOSpace10schema/VOSpaceContract-
> v1.0.wsdl
> http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/VOSpace10schema/VOSpaceTypes-
> v1.0.xsd

Ah, thank you.

> which are consistent with what appears in the spec. Note that
> namespace URIs are not supposed to be resolvable but that it is a
> convention that they can be. We will make sure that 1.1 has the
> order defined more naturally: www.ivoa.net.

I understand the difference between the namespace URI and the
location URI. As I said, I was being lazy, and hoping that something
would appear in the browser. But, I do find having the namespace
resolve to the desired document, like http://www.ivoa.net/xml/
VOResource/v1.0, to be very convenient.

Thanks,
Rick