VOSpace 1.02 WSDL & Schema - Namespace Transposed?

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:39:35 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm looking at the WSDL and message schemas in the 1.02 VOSpace
Recommendation (2008 January 24, etc.). I was going to be lazy and
try to pull down a copy, rather than cut and paste from the spec.
However, when I did that without looking, I was trying to resolve
"www.net.ivoa", which was difficult.

Here are the relevant attributes from the root element of each:

WSDL
xmlns:vos.types.1.0="http://www.net.ivoa/xml/VOSpaceTypes v1.0"
     xmlns="http://www.net.ivoa/xml/VOSpaceContract v1.0"
     targetNamespace="http://www.net.ivoa/xml/VOSpaceContract v1.0"

Message Schema
     xmlns:vos.types.1.0="http://www.net.ivoa/xml/VOSpaceTypes v1.0"
     targetNamespace="http://www.net.ivoa/xml/VOSpaceTypes v1.0"

They also occur later in the schema definition.

I don't know if this is deliberate, or someone was channeling Java
while typing.

--Rick

PS: If there is a URI for these, could someone please point me at it?
Thanks.

-
Rick Wagner, Graduate Student Researcher
UCSD Physics
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA  92093-0424
Email:  rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
WWW:    http://lca.ucsd.edu/projects/rpwagner
(858) 822-4784 Phone
-
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is
like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.
--Bill Gates