UWS REST : XML Schema

pestel pestel at cluster.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Sep 20 09:24:58 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have developed a prototype for UWS v0.3 REST according to the Working
Draft written by Guy Rixon. And I will show you the XML Schema that I
use. I think this is a good schema for starting and I expect that we
could quickly fix an XML Schema. If someone has got his own schema, this
would be interested to tell about and compare its.

There are some annotations into the schema for explaining what is each
elements. "href" attribute is unique 'cause of REST paradigm. And I use
"href" instead "id" because "href" also specifies the location of the
element. The "href" is required for job element contrary to phase,
quote, termination and results because it's necessary to identify each
job into a job list. The location of the Phase, Quote, Termination and
Results is determined by the job id (e.g (job-id)/quote, (job-id)/phase,
...).
I use the "nillable" attribute to indicate that the Quote may be unknow.

Cheers,
    Cyril.