Request to add some parameter types to CEA schema

Paul Harrison Paul.Harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 07:58:27 PDT 2007

On 2007-10 -11, at 00:20, Guy Rixon wrote:

> If I were to choose, I would make the types URIs leading to registry
> resources, as is done for VOSpace. This would open the vocbulary
> and save us
> some discussion time.

I have nothing against doing that, as it makes it easier to change in
the future without issuing a new schema. However,  as we have learnt
from VOSpace, a basic vocabulary does need to be defined along with
the standard to enable interoperability - it is not sufficient to
leave this completely open or implementers will not know how to use
the most basic elements of the intended vocabulary.

Cheers,
	Paul.

Dr. Paul Harrison
JBCA, Manchester University