New version of VO Support Interfaces: v0.26

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Mon May 7 14:21:12 PDT 2007

I think Doug raises a valid point and maybe in the future when registries
are being correctly populated, perhaps by automatic means, we can separate
the maintenance of different parts of the registry. I don't think it is
feasible at this stage though.

(Perhaps it isn't even desirable: the more we separate responsibility for
different elements of the registry record, the less likely anyone will do it
properly.)

> coverage, etc., and it is a burden to ask service implementors to
> provide and maintain this information at the level of each service

I cannot really agree with this. If the core information never changes, it
is relatively easy to enter it into a registry and copy the xml record out
to serve as a base template for the service's full VOResource record.
Depending on how these new service interfaces are coded, there'll be plenty
of other ways to ensure the information only has to be entered once. I
really don't think this is going to tax the interface developers much.

T.