UWS as a REST protocol - VOSpace & WebDAV

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 5 08:52:19 PST 2007

Hi,

It seems as though you've come to exactly the same conclusions I made
about WebDAV and the significant overlap it has with VOSpace, although
for VOSpace 1.0 most of this is moot. I actually thought that the
biggest difficulty was supporting the different data transfer methods.
In terms of implementing VOSpace with WebDAV, it was fairly
straightforward - I used the Apache WebDAV kit as a base - and I had it
working with both a filestore backend and a database backend.

    Cheers,

    Matthew