Registering views and protocols

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 3 23:37:52 PDT 2007

Hi,

VOSpace 1.0 uses URIs to identify properties, views (data formats) and
transport protocols. It was agreed in Beijing that how these are
registered is a parallel and independent task from getting VOSpace 1.0
to recommendation and that we would discuss this over the summer.

Well, as the summer is now upon us, let's discuss it. Paul Harrison put
up a proposal some time ago at:

http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSpace11Reg

The crux of the proposal is an extension schema for VOSpace services
which, unfortunately, will have to go through the IVOA standardization
process (if it is to be widely supported across all VO registries). I
would like to have a working draft for this by the end of August for
discussion at the interop.

If you have an opinion on the proposed schema, please make it known on
the Twiki page by August 15 and on this list.

    Cheers,

    Matthew