Use of WS-Security in VOSpace

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 25 00:09:52 PDT 2006

Hi,

What is the recommended way to use WS-Security (at least for VOSpace):
are we only concerned with the client sending and the server receiving
secure messages or are we expecting that the server will also respond
with secure messages and the client receive them?

I also assume that we are using the "direct reference" method where the
client's individual certificate is included in the signed message;
otherwise a user will have to preregister their certificate with a
service before they can use it (the "issuer-serial" method).

    Cheers,

    Matthew