Authentication and Authorization (single sign on)

Giuliano Taffoni taffoni at oats.inaf.it
Fri Oct 13 01:34:40 PDT 2006

Dear all,
as discussed at the interoperability meeting of Moscow,
we set up a web page to download a X509 certificate
directly in the browser. The page will be available in a couple
of weeks for testing (http://grpk003.oat.ts.astro.it/CA)

The idea is to have a simple way to allow Astronomers to
ask certificate and manage it.

The user can request a certificate  filling up a form of a web page.
The information needed are:
Institute, email address, First name and last name.
If he is a valid user after a few hours he will receive an
email with a web link. Accessing this link with the same browser used to
make the request the user will install a valid certificate in his
browser.

As there was also some interest on the Virtual Organization
Membership Service
(voms) used to assign roles/group to a user on the basis of his
certificate
we will also provide a voms server  (http://grpk004.oat.ts.astro.it)
it can be used for testing and verifications. If you like we can give
any
information about the use/management of voms.

best regards
Giuliano Taffoni

PS: I will be very happy to join  the tiger team  we decide to
organize at moscow
regarding single sign on or auth&auth

INAF - SI
Via Tiepolo 11