VOSpace = 'Java Content Repository'?

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 12 08:02:37 PDT 2006

Tony
Thanks for this. It provides at the least a way to critique VOSpace
(compare and contrast).
I wonder if anyone on the VOspace team would like to make that analysis.
Does Jackrabbit allow pulling out subsets of the rows from a file
that represents a table?
Does Jackrabbit allow putting in an image and getting back one with
the contrast enhanced?
Does Jackrabbit use MIME types to decide datatypes?
Does Jackrabbit have multiple transfer protocols?
Does Jackrabbit have separation of data from metadata and third-party
transfer?
Could SRB have a JCR facade?
Roy

On Oct 12, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Tony Linde wrote:

> http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/6745
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
>
> T.
> --
> Tony Linde
> Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292    Mobile: +44 (0)785 298 8840
> Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311    Email:  Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
> Post:   Department of Physics & Astronomy,
>         University of Leicester
>         Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH
> Web:    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~ael
>
> Project Manager, EuroVO VOTech   http://eurovotech.org