Axis + DIME attachments

Matthew J. Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 31 16:55:45 PST 2005

Hi,

I have a web service in Java which is returning files as (DIME)
attachments. The server side adds the file to the ResponseMessage and
then returns the response object:

boolean success = addFileToResponseMessage();
if (success) {
     return new MethodResponse("Attachment successful");
} else {
     return new MethodResponse("Attachment failed");
}

Now on the client side, I am not getting a MethodResponse object but
can access the attachments from the client stub. This strikes me Axis
not handling attachments and message contents properly. Does anyone
else have any experience with similar?

	Cheers,

	Matthew