SSO authentication: a new approach

Paul Harrison pah at jb.man.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 04:34:52 PST 2005

I agree that this is the best starting point to create an architecture -
in addition to the text, a diagram would be useful to illustrate the
trust domains (with their contents) and the trust relationships between
them. I think that this is a pretty good starting point. I have a couple
of issues though

* In the document you talk about "less-trusted" entities - surely in a
trust model something should either be trusted or not-trusted, there can
be no degrees of trust.

* I think that there should be some discussion of what should be done in
the case where there needs to be a trust relationship set up between the
an existing  authentication system (e.g. the existing particle physics
Grids) and the IVOA one.