RunID - cross service tracking

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 00:50:22 PDT 2004

Wil,

this probably _should_ be part of the support interfaces, since (presumably)
we want it supported eventually on all services.

If we make it a SOAP header, then its mustUnderstand attribute should be set
false.

If we make it an extra agument on CGIs, then presumably it's ignred by
default.  We should probably put a stipulation in the support-interfaces spec
that all IVO services must allow this argument even if they ignore it.

What exactly is the servename part?

It seems useful to have one ID associated with many related calls to services:
i.e.  with a job rather than a job-step.  Was this what you intended?

Cheers,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523