Web service standards question

Tara Murphy Tara.Murphy at csiro.au
Tue May 25 14:15:06 PDT 2004

Hi,
I have built a demonstrator web service to provide unit conversion
functionality (from the AIPS++ Quanta module).
This is part of the ATNF VO effort, and as the aim is to be VO-compatible,
I was wondering what standards I should be following at this stage.

The two areas I'm aware of are the StandardInterfaces document and
VOTable. The service can take and return VOTables, so I think it is ok in
that respect. Am I right in thinking the Standard Interfaces are still very
much under development (and maybe not worth worrying about at this
stage?)

It would be good if somebody could summarise what else (if anything) I
need to be thinking about.

thanks,
Tara

-----