GWS-WG plans and actions

Andre Schaaff schaaff at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jun 17 02:57:02 PDT 2004

Hello Guy,

Guy Rixon wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Peter Quinn is asking for updated plans of this WG to go before the IVOA exec
>next week. In particular, we need to explain how our work fits with the
>demonstrations of January 2005 and with Peter's July-15th cut-off for input.
>Appended below are my ideas of how it will go.  Please get back to me soonest
>if you think this is wrong.  Objecttions received by tomorrow midnight will go
>in my report to the exec; later ideas before Wednesday 23rd June can be fed in
>verbally at the exec meeting.
>
>Cheers,
>Guy
>
>VO Support Interfaces: concrete spec hoped for before 15th July 2004. Spec
>should become a formal working draft by that date and should become a
>recommendation before the Pune meeting. This standard is likely to be stable
>well before January and would be fine for the demos.

ok

>WS-I profile conformance: we accept that it's the right long-term goal, yes?
>Therefore, we need to ppublish a short doc stating this formally. Andre: can
>you draft something to go out before 15th July, please?

ok for this deadline
i will provide a first draft for the 5th July
so we will have a few days for discussions before a final draft (before
the 15th July)

>Longer term, we need
>the collated conformance tests for the WS tool-kits. Can we have that for
>Pune?  Iff we turn out to have some conforming toolkits (at least two of
>them), then the WS-I facet of the January demos is to show that services from
>these environments talk to each other without grief.

i think that it is reasonable to plan that for Pune

André Schaaff
Observatoire Astronomique
CDS - http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/
11, rue de l'Université