Comparison of WS-Context and WS-RF

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Jun 10 15:42:13 PDT 2004

Hi Guy,

The impression I have is that WS-CAF is certainly the more scalable of the
two (even if there are no open-source implementations yet), which really
becomes a concern when we start thinking about workflows involving VO web
services. As the article says, the one thing we want to avoid is "...
combinatorial explosion of endpoint references that have to be managed,
propagated and kept up-to-date." It looks like this is really where the
WS-CAF payout comes.

I certainly would be interested in seeing the async. activities proposal
spec'ed in WS-CAF.

	Cheers,

	Matthew