MSO and multiple communities

Clive Page cgp at star.le.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 07:57:45 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Guy Rixon wrote:

> Actually, I'm half-way through writing the document that explains some of
> this... buts shall go no further sinceI don't think that document will be
> accepted now.
>
> Shall I, instead, revise the SSO introduction with a glossary that defnes
> these terms?  I can do that quickly, if it helps.

I think that would help the discussion by avoiding confusion over
terminology.  For what it's worth, I think your SSO proposal looks the
best that I've seen so far.

The single-sign-on idea may indeed fall down if some services distrust
some CAs; in that case I don't see any way that a user will be able to use
that service without signing on again using a CA or something that it
_does_ trust.

--
Clive Page
Dept of Physics & Astronomy,