VOSpace

Martin Hill mchill at dial.pipex.com
Fri Jul 2 04:54:47 PDT 2004

Oh no even more people involved!

I ought to point out that the scheme being discussed is a way of making the
existing one we use just now in AstroGrid (see
http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/Astrogrid/ResolvingIVORNs) more explicit and
less confusing.  It is used to identify files both through community homespace,
registry-resolvable file-stores, and urls.

I expect at some point we will be able to replace bits/all of it with
industry-standard forms, (perhaps WS-RF?), that might be common across more
components.  For example, we may be able to use the same structure to refer to a
job, a table in a database, a file, a running query, etc.

--
Martin Hill
www.mchill.net