StandardInterfaces V0.1

Wil O'Mullane womullan at skysrv.pha.jhu.edu
Fri Jan 23 08:26:50 PST 2004

> Is the category of grid / ogsa-dai services included in "web services"?
> What about GLU?  Just curious.
yes these are web services

> What if there is an enumeration element that the service administrator can
> fill in to let the registry know how often the metadata will change?
> I.e.:
> <metadataFluidity>  (or something)
> Hourly
> Daily
> Weekly
> Monthly
> Yearly
> Never
I had rather though the registry would just periodically (weekly oe daily)
ping resources using MedaDataChangedOn and see if it needed to get a new
version. The registry could decide how often.
It might provide a spcific refresh method to allow someone to tell it get
a new vewrsion also.

In the same sweep the registry my try the Heartbeat and if it frequently
gets no response from a resource flag it up ..