Web Cone Searches

Andreas Wicenec awicenec at eso.org
Tue Sep 23 00:13:09 PDT 2003

Hi,

I totally agree with Martin's view, even more so because we can see that a lot
of people are doing some quite advanced science programs using the very
simple access we are providing to our catalogues and the DSS1 and DSS2. Also
from the user point of view a simple access is much easier to go along. Of
course the information returned has to be complete and suited to the science
case.

On the other hand carrying out scientific reduction using services offered by
the providers directly is a very convenient and fast way to do at least basic
things like epoch and equinox calculations or the basic calibration of images
and spectra.

Cheers,
Andreas