[Edu] EduIG at Madrid and an Edu Note

Massimo Ramella ramella at oats.inaf.it
Tue Feb 25 06:03:22 PST 2014

Hi!

The Madrid Interop is approaching. We submitted the request for an Edu
session, so please
consider contributing your recent activity in the field of POE.

As far as we are concerned, the focus of our work has been to respond to
the request of several
educational observatories to publish their data in the VO world.  We
have also
tackled the problem of archiving/retrieving edu documents (other than
data). It is thus
not surprising that what we will describe/propose in Madrid falls mainly
in the
Application and Registry cathegories  (I asked for an Edu  session that
would not overlap
App or Reg).

Because the Registry part of our recent work is of interest for more
people than just Edu-fans,
we have prepared an Edu-Note (attached) where we describe our
considerations and
findings. We hope that if you have any issue or suggestion with the
content of the
Note you will let us know before May so that to meet at the interop will
guarantee
a good progress.

We may consider sending the Note to other mailing lists that may be
concerned
with the Note.

The Note can also be downloaded from the repository
https://code.google.com/p/volute/source/browse/trunk/projects/edu/edumatters/

Cheers,

Massimo

--
Massimo Ramella
INAF-Osservatorio Astronomico di Trieste

tel. +39 040 3199 140