[Radioig] VEP-014: product-type#spatial-profile

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Mar 7 10:40:38 CET 2024

Le 06/03/2024 à 09:03, Markus Demleitner via Radioig a écrit :
> Hi Baptiste,
>
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 10:30:21AM +0100, Baptiste Cecconi wrote:
>> I'd just update the description field as (adding "spatial"):
> Good point; this aspect should not only be present in the concept
> identifier.
>
> I've created a PR for this and other points coming up during review
> -- https://github.com/ivoa-std/VEPs/pull/10 --, and I intend to
> force-push further changes during review into the commit there.  So,
> please don't merge until we go to TCG review.
>
> Thanks,
>
>             Markus

Dear all,

This term has been discussed within the scope of the ObsCore extension
for radio data since a couple of monthes already. I agree it's obvioulsy
needed. The definition and rationale looks fine.

My only question is about broader and  narrower terms for that one.

#spatially-resolved-dataset is obviously the broader term.

I wonder if position/velocity diagrams (extracted from velocity/spectral
cunbes) or "slit spectra" should be considered as narrower terms of this
one ?

Cheers

François