MIVOT: fully qualified attribute names

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:31:29 CET 2023

We seem to have veered a little, but that's my own fault for kind of
hijacking this thread with a technical
issue :-)

I'm pretty sure the test case I provided shows that the currently published
VO-DML xsd + schematron
does not enforce the intended/correct uniqueness of attribute names within
a class. In my opinion, that's
a bug and I would guess it is something missing from the schematron doc.
The alternative explanation is
that attribute name is simply a label, but that's not really true because
the xsd enforces naming
rules on the value.

It doesn't matter how one creates the model. I prefer hand-written rather
than generated from XMI
because it is better for version control.

--
Patrick Dowler
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre