News for the ObsCore Radio extension

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Feb 10 11:44:10 CET 2023

Dear radio astronomy fans,

      - The ObsCore extension for Visibility data has been extended in
scope to become ObsCore extension for radio data

      - It is intended that it becomes a DM WD ASAP. SO it has been
imported into a new ivoa-std github repository :
https://github.com/ivoa-std/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData (thanks to
ivoa-std owners and DM chair)

      - All recent comments by Alessandra, Vincenzo, Marco, John and
answers by Mireille, Baptiste and me have been reported there as issues.

      - The old repository
https://github.com/ivoa/ObsCoreExtensionForVisibilityData is still there
for legacy discussion, but you should not use it for new issues. Go to
the new repository instead.

      - For long term legacy I opened an ivoa twiki page
(https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData)
accessible form the main RadioIG page
(https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaRadio). The content is
the same than the issues on the github repository.

     - For further discussion use whatever you prefer : Twiki edition,
github issues or PR, or emails on this list. I don't recommend to use
the google doc document created by Alessandra and others any longer. The
three supports should be enough.

     - I plan to write a first github PR with all non-controversy
changes in the coming days

Cheers

François as editor of this specification project