PyVO and DM

Salgado, Jesus jesus.salgado at skao.int
Thu Jun 30 10:04:56 CEST 2022

Dear DM,

First proposal for an PyVO API  using data mapped on a DM.
This proposal is based on a suggestion presented by Gilles Landais in May 2021.
·         https://github.com/ivoa/modelinstanceinvot-code/wiki/vizier-proposal
The Doodle for those interested in a little chat on that topic.
·          https://evento.renater.fr/survey/pyvo-dm-running-meeting-pzurzpi7
TLTR
------
At last Interop, we have had a PyVO hands-on session where we have open a discussion on the requirements for a PyVO API processing annotated data.
The minutes of that session are on GitHUB (https://github.com/ivoa/modelinstanceinvot-code/wiki/hack-a-thon-contributions).We all agreed that this new API must have no impact on the current one and that its design must be based on real use-cases.

The expectation for using annotated data is not necessary to allow doing new things. It is rather to facilitate common operations.To move on, we have decided to start from some typical PyVOT codes and to figure out how to do the same things with a code based on annotated data. The rule is to write realistic pseudo-code.We are proposing now a brief discussion focused on a first sketch based on the proposal presented by Gilles in May 2021 and taking advantage of the experience we got while exercising MIVOT parsing.

Best Regards
LM - JS
[SKAO Horizontal Dividing Rule]

[SKAO Logo]

[SKAO Vertical Dividing Rule]

Jesús Salgado
SKA Regional Centre Architect
jesus.salgado at skao.int<mailto:jesus.salgado at skao.int>
www.skao.int<https://www.skao.int/>
SKA Observatory
Jodrell Bank, Lower Withington,
Macclesfield, SK11 9FT, UK

The SKA Observatory is an inter-governmental organisation and the successor of SKA Organisation, a private limited company by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registered number 07881918, with a registered office of Jodrell Bank Observatory, Lower Withington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, SK11 9FT.

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender, and immediately and permanently delete the email. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived, by Mimecast Ltd. Although SKA Observatory and SKA Organisation have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, neither SKA Observatory nor SKA Organisation accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of computer viruses and the recipient must ensure that the email (and attachments) are virus free.