SDM evolution roadmap

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 27 16:54:10 CEST 2022

Markus,

I've added the order and relorder elements/UTypes to the document.
My understanding of their usage is that you would add one or two FIELDs to
your table.
  o utype="spec:Spectrum.Data.SpectralAxis.order"
  o utype="spec:Spectrum.Data.SpectralAxis.relorder"
providing the order assignment(s) for each row of the table.

There shouldn't be any structural changes needed from this update.. it is
supposed to be a very lightweight addition/change.

If you are asking if that example file is 'valid' per the spec, that's a
bit harder.  I haven't done a thorough review of that file, but from a
quick-ish scan.
The spec says in Section 8.2:

   1.

   We use nested GROUP constructs to delimit data model objects within the
   main object, and PARAM and FIELD tags for attributes. The nesting beyond a
   single GROUP is optional, as for cases for which the utypes are unique
   within a group, the utypes can be used to infer the datamodel structure.

>From this, I gather that there should be a GROUP for each of the included
nodes in Figure 2, with the exception of Spectrum.
Per the example, utype="spec:Spectrum" is assigned to the TABLE element.
So, your example is missing:
  o The utype on TABLE
  o GROUP utype="spec:Spectrum.Derived"
  o GROUP utype="spec:Spectrum.CoordSys"
  o GROUP utype="spec:Spectrum.Data"

And at first glance, it looks like it has PARAMs with 'invalid' utypes
Those with a 'Dataset' node e.g. "spec:Spectrum.Dataset.DataModel"  should
be  directly on Spectrum ("spec:Spectrum.DataModel")

Mark