MIVOT implementor feedback 1: RESOURCE location

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 14 18:31:58 CET 2022

Markus,

Thanks for the report!

If I recall, it was originally that the annotation syntax would be in the
first RESOURCE of the VOTABLE, making it a simple insert with minimal
impact on the native VOTABLE.  When it moved into the 'results' RESOURCE, I
think we wanted it to retain that 'minimal impact' on the native VOTABLE,
so required it to be the first child.

I think that operationally it shouldn't matter where it resides within the
parent RESOURCE since there can be only 1 annotation block per 'results'
block.

Mark