Model Annotation Syntax in WD

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Apr 12 07:51:55 CEST 2022

Dear DM,

We are pleased to announce the official opening of the WD period for the model annotation syntax.
- This draft results from a compromise built last Fall from different proposals.
- It has been tested of the 2021 on workshop use cases and on the coming PhotDM1.1 model.
- For now, the name of the standard is Model Instance In Votable (short name MIVOT). We are still open to any other proposal
    - see https://ivoa.slack.com/archives/C013EH5C649/p1646052217667299 <https://ivoa.slack.com/archives/C013EH5C649/p1646052217667299>

RESOURCES
==========
- Landing page
    - https://ivoa.net/documents/MIVOT/20220407/index.html <https://ivoa.net/documents/MIVOT/20220407/index.html>

- XML schema
    - https://ivoa.net/xml/MIVOT/mivot-v1.0.xsd <https://ivoa.net/xml/MIVOT/mivot-v1.0.xsd>

- Wiki page
    - https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataAnnotation <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataAnnotation>

- On Github
    - https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot <https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot>

- A lot of work has been put on Python client code and we have different approaches that can be tested with notebooks
  - https://github.com/ivoa/modelinstanceinvot-code <https://github.com/ivoa/modelinstanceinvot-code>
  An integration of that code into Astropy/PyVO has been prototyped.
  The corresponding pull requests will be issued once  MIVOT will be in RFC.

DISCUSSIONS
===========
- The WD period is the right slot to put on the table any API idea or requirement you might have for taking advantage of annotated data.
- The discussions can take place on either the Wiki page or the GitHub issues with a great preference for the latest.

Laurent, Jesus and the authors

—
Translate with https: //www.deepl.com/translator
--
jesuischarlie/Tunis/Paris/Bruxelles/Berlin

Laurent Michel
SSC XMM-Newton
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 85 24 37
Fax : +33 (0)3 )3 68 85 24 32