IVOA - Spectrum Data Model change request

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Wed Nov 3 14:58:29 CET 2021

> Petr,

Hi Mark ,

I have been following the Interop as well as ADASS but so far not show on
VO usage (now I am preparing presentation to night KDD session)
Problem with spectra archive is such:

it is based on DACHS so I will just need to update old DACHS soon - Markus
is willing to implement changes in  new spec dm - we have discussed this
several times in the past - namely for echelle . He
has some dirty solution of echelle spectra for some years.
So to answer your question:   I am not going to implement anything but I
will be glad to collaborate on the definition and test the changes on
DACHS once they are done on our spectra ....

But I cannot speak for Markus
Of course changes in echelle handling are highly needed in general

> I'm working on my presentation for the interop session tomorrow.
> I'd like to list the implementations which will be updated to use these new
> extensions.
>
> I'm assuming Firefly will be one, do you have a project/resource I can note?
>
> Mark

*  Petr Skoda                         Tel   : (323) 649201, l. 361      *
*  Stelarni oddeleni                          (323) 620361              *
*  Astronomicky ustav AVCR, v.v.i     Fax   : (323) 620250              *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Ceska republika                                                      *