DM Workshop wrap-up

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jul 21 18:40:03 CEST 2021

Concerning XMLSchema version:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021, Laurent Michel wrote:

> - We have been using XSD1.1 (with Python) because the merged syntax put many constraints on element attributes. This is a key point of the proposal. I do not think that such rules could be set with XSD1.0
>   - The xerces web site does not look worry about this (https://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html <https://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html>) but I’ve no experience with this code
>   - I’ve no idea about how could this fit with volint either.

Although some Xerces versions support XMLSchema 1.1, the default
XML validation library that comes bundled with at least some java
runtime versions does not (I tried Oracle JDK 8 and OpenJDK 11,
neither worked).  Of course there's no requirement for VODML to use
a technology that's compatible with the likely capabilities of votlint.

--
Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk          http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/