DM Workshop wrap-up

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Jul 21 17:39:15 CEST 2021

Hell all,

This would be a very clean solution.

- Gerard proposed to rephrase the XSD in order to isolate complexTypes from elements which should make easier the validation in the context of a VOTable.
- We have been using XSD1.1 (with Python) because the merged syntax put many constraints on element attributes. This is a key point of the proposal. I do not think that such rules could be set with XSD1.0
  - The xerces web site does not look worry about this (https://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html <https://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html>) but I’ve no experience with this code
  - I’ve no idea about how could this fit with volint either.

Best
Laurent